Minutes of the December 11, 2004
meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
- Meeting called to order by Rob KA0VNB.
- The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as presented.
- Those present introduced themselves.
- Rob presented the treasure's report.
- Repeater update by George WD0GNE.
- New finals arrived and have been installed.
- There is an intermod problem with the local 600KHz AM station.
- The repeater is currently configured with input PL disabled.
- We may need to do some tower work in near future.
- Radio Room update by Ted WA0HLJ
- Wiring complete. Panels need labeling.
- Boy Scout Merit Bade class at AIMS Community College
- Jan 29 and Feb 26, 2005
- Suggested scouts attend our February club meeting.
- Rob is trying to include a tour of the city Communication center.
- QST magazines. We have a few boxes of past issues of QST magazines.
Club is asking members to take 6 or so magazines, put a label on
the magazine cover with contact information and place magazines
in local offices. Hope is to increase interest in amateur radio and
- Amateur Radio in our local schools - Cliff W0ITD. Two teachers want
to have a meeting after the first of the year to investigate the idea.
Cliff will follow with these instructors.
- Last months tour of Bud Stanley's facilities was an enjoyable trip.
- Dick Bird update - Cliff W0ITD.
- Cliff has setup a 2m rig on a table by Dick's bed. Cliff was
able to work Dick on 2m.
- We still need to inventory the equipment donated by Dick to identify
what the club can use and what should be sold.
- At 9:00 am on Wednesday Dec 22 have coffee with Dick at the Garden
- Club constitution and by-laws - Cliff W0ITD
- Drafts of the proposed changes were passed out.
- Cliff requested a committee to review final draft. Requested committee
members are: Cliff (W0ITD), Berry (N0OYM), Stan (K0KZA), and Nick (AB0PK).
- ARES update - Richard
- There will be 4-5 exercises scheduled next year.
- October's mass influenza inoculation drill was canceled.
- The communication portion has been rescheduled for Jan 26, 2005
This is a Wednesday. We need 15 people.
- It looks like there will be 3-4 public service events next year
(plus any forest fires).
- ARES staff meeting will be end of January or early February.
- Severe weather class will be Saturday May 1, 2005
- Reminder the district 10 ARES net is held on Wednesday evenings
at 9:00 pm
- Now that the repeater is up, Bill will start up the Sunday evening club
net. Net time is 8:00 pm on Sunday evenings the 147 repeater.
- The NCARC will be holding its Winterfest in the old Larimer country fair
- Any interest in holding a Hamfest in Greeley
- Old State Farm build has rooms we can rent.
- There was some interest. Those interested need to contact Bud (K0MAR)
and work with him.
- Should WARS consider joining the Colorado Council of Amateur Radio?
- We have some headsets and distribution box donated by Bill (KC0NJD).
The distribution box allows Morse code training by typing the letter
or number and the Morse code is sent to the connected head sets.
- Bill also brought in some other equipment to be donated to anyone
who could put it to good use.
- Meeting adjourned.
Reminder: Next meeting is Saturday Jan 8, 2005.