Minutes of the November 12, 2004 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Reminder: Next meeting December 11, 2004.
See club web page for location (www.digis.net/~nickme/wars)
- Meeting called to order at 9:05 am by Rob KA0VNB.
- The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as presented.
- Those present introduced themselves.
- Ava KA0RXJ presented the treasurer's report.
- George WD0GNE provided an update on the repeater status.
- We need three tubes to get the Motorola repeater working. The
tubes are an 8560, 7551, and an 8552. Total cost is about $150.00.
- Motion to purchase the tubes was approved. Cliff will notify Stan
(K0KZA) that he can order the tubes.
- Work is underway on the Motorola repeater, the Hamtronics repeater,
and the UHF repeater.
- The 147.000Mhz repeater should be up shortly after receiving the
- Ted WA0HLJ provided a radio room update.
- Rewiring of the radio is completed.
- Labeling of the breakers is still needed.
- The HF rig is fused and not going through the breakers.
- The DC supply does not have a bleeder - keep this in mind
if doing maintenance.
- Need to clean up antenna wiring in the radio room.
- Dave WD0EDW offered to donate an Astron power supply.
- Mark AI0L provided an I.R.L.P. update.
- Mark will complete the CAT-5 wiring in the radio room today
(put connectors on the cable and get it ready to plug into
the Linux machines NIC).
- The Linux box is built. Just need to make an interface cable
to the radio.
- Cliff W0ITD provided an update on the equipment donated by Dick Bird.
We have received several offers to purchase some of the equipment.
Cliff and Rob will inventory the equipment and decide what the club
can use and what should be sold.
- Boy Scouts will have a merit badge on Jan 29 and Feb 26, 2005 at
Aims Community College. The club has been invited to help with the
radio merit badge. Please try to work this into your schedule.
- Rob made a suggestion that we place our unused QST magazines in local
offices, with a label on how to get in contact with the club. The
hope is to increase club membership.
- Ava suggested we audit our books annually, and keep a copy of the
books in the radio room so anyone can inspect how money is being spent.
- Rick WA0DDC suggested we make/keep a list of what manuals members
- Recommended that members review and inventory what manuals they have
and come prepared to next months meeting so they can put them on the
- Cliff was in contact with a teacher at one of the local schools.
There is interest in starting a radio class. In addition, an
instructor at Aims Community College is also interested in starting
a radio course. Follow up is scheduled after the first of the year.
- Cliff informed us that next Saturday (Nov 19) Bud Stanley will give
us a guided tour of his business. His business is located at
2nd and 8th Ave. Meet there at 2:00 pm if your are interested.
- Meeting adjourned at 10:00 am.