Minutes of the April 9, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Reminder: Next meeting May 14, 2005.
- Call to order by Rob KA0VNB.
- Rob reported on his APRS activity during a recent trip to the Southwest.
- Ava KA0RXJ provided the treasures report.
- Cliff W0ITD provided a science club update. No more meetings until the fall.
- Rick WA0DDC recently worked W5RRR at the Johnson Space Center. The contact
provided details on how to order photo packets.
- Minutes approved as presented.
- Stan K0KZA provided a repeater update. The new repeater is in. Stan will
start testing it this week and it should be installed by end of week. The
antenna should also be moved this week to the higher location. Documentation
recommends repeater be run on a battery. Stan will pickup a deep cycle battery.
70cm repeater has been working fine (448.475MHz).
- Berry N0OYN provided the ARES update. Same as last month.
March of Dimes coming up end of April. Ft. Collins marathon in May. ARES
exercises are in June.
- Rob reminded members that when working with the Greeley police to keep our
antennas away from their MBT antennas.
- George WD0GNE programmed the old controller. Macros will be moved to the
- Rob provided a radio room update. New cables with Anderson connectors and
a split feed were added to the room recently.
- Berry provided an IRLP update. The system is now in the radio room. Need to
contact Mark for a topology map and the static IP address. System is currently
using a kit radio which has some short comings. Recommend we use a "real"
radio. George asked if we want the IRLP system on the VHF or UHF repeater.
Initially it will be tied to the 147 repeater. For control, we need to
identify what equipment we have and make recommendations.
- Cliff suggested we write a thank you letter for the recent donation.
- Cliff is going through the club equipment and making an inventory. The goal
is to identify what we do not need so it can be sold at a swapfest. If you
have any club equipment, let Cliff know.
- Cliff informed the club that we have the OK to use the Missile Park for our
Field Day activities. Cliff suggested we have a contact person to organize
activities. Dave W0EDW "volunteered"
- Cliff made a motion that members who turn 80 years and older that they
do not have to pay dues. Motion passed. Constitution will need to be
- Meeting adjourned.
Reminder: Field Day June 25 - 26.