Minutes of the August 13, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
- Meeting called to order by Rob KA0VNB.
- The minutes of the previous meeting had three corrections and then
- Everyone present introduced themselves.
- Berry N0OYM presented the treasurer's report.
- The bank switched the account from a personal to business account.
- Berry's name has been added to the account.
- New checks will be $53.94 Motion to purchase new checks was approved.
- Berry will provide an updated membership list to club officers.
- Rob indicated some members would like the club web page listed on the minutes.
- Ava KA0RXJ fell and fractured a vertebra. She is currently in the hospital.
A procedure to reinforce the vertebra will be performed. A card was passed
around for members to sign. Ginny KB0MTN will take the card to Ava.
- Cliff W0ITD provided the repeater site update
- 4 volunteers are needed for a two hour work party on Thursday at 9:00 AM.
- Stan K0KZA provided the repeater update
- IRLP is up and functioning. The new repeater had a failure and we are
currently running on the backup repeater. Stan will order a chip to repair
the faulty module.
- Cliff provided the Red Cross update. Building still for sale - no bids yet.
- Rob provided the ARES update. The July 27 exercise went well with on minor problem
with the APRS frequency assignments. Courage Classic also went well.
- Bill KC0NJD provided the Sunday evening net update. It is also going well.
Berry is providing the News Line feed for the net.
- There are three Ham Fests coming up: Aug 21 is Jefferson Country, Sept 17 is
Loveland, and Sept 25 is Longmont.
- Club equipment that is for sale will be offered to the NCARC after this week.
- Cliff informed the club that Eaton would like an Amateur radio demonstration
for the scouts. No date yet.
- Tuesday at 9:00 AM is coffee with Dick at the Garden Square.
- Berry will provide an IRLP demonstration after the meeting.
- Meeting adjourned.
- Next club meeting is September 10, 2005.
- Club web page URL = www.digis.net/~nickme/WARS