Minutes of the December 10, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
- Meeting called to order by Rob KA0VNB.
- Those members in attendance introduced themselves.
- Berry N0OYM presented the treasurer's report.
- Cliff W0ITD provided an update on the sale of club equipment.
- Down to just a few boxes, cabinets and antennas.
- John is donating a portion of his sales to the club.
- Rob made an announcement on the ARES net that equipment will be
viewable after today's meeting.
- Repeater update
- Still on old repeater.
- Richard trying to get the club a loaner controller until we order/purchase a new one.
- Repeater ID requires all activity be suspended (IRLP).
- Need to enter key codes slowly when taking link down. Try transmitting on output
frequency if that does not work.
- Richard K0RAW provided an ARES update.
- Two demos in January - Commissioning equipment at Windsor EOC.
- Larimer country looking for ARES assistance.
- Starting in January, there will be a training session at the Windsor EOC every
- Proposals are being drafted for 2006 federal grant money.
- NWS - This past Friday and Saturday was the SKYWARN appreciation day sponsored
by the National Weather Service.
- Berry, Mike, and Rob went to a digital workshop/conference on using packet for emergencies.
The club is looking into starting up a packet station again.
- We need to grow our pool of technical committee members.
- Rob is looking into ways we can thank Hal for his help and contributions. One suggestion
is to put an audio announcement on the repeater.
- John suggest we compile a skills list of, and for, club members.
- Need a new secretary. Ted and Rebob nominated. Need someone that will make all meetings.
- OJ needs a place for testing session today. Rob will open the Red Cross building.
- Berry has not updated the macros settings on the repeater yet.
- Meeting adjourned at 10:06.
- Boy Scouts merit badge college on Jan 28, 2006 and Feb 25, 2006.
- Next club meeting January 14, 2006