Minutes of the Feb 12, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Reminder: Next club meeting is on Saturday March 12, 2005.
- Meeting called to order by Rob KA0VNB.
- The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as presented.
- Members introduced themselves.
- Ava KA0RXJ presented the treasurer's report.
- George WD0GNE provided a repeater update
- Phone patch is now working. Will program the macros this week.
- Should we consider enabling reverse phone patch. Feeling is not just yet.
- Stan has our 450 machine running with a brick - output is now 50 watts.
- Looking at having the phone patch on both repeaters use the same
phone line for their autopatch.
- Cliff W0ITD provided the Ham Radio in our schools update.
- Cliff met with students this week. There were 8 interested students.
The students are members of the after school science club. Next
meeting will be March 1.
- Coffee with Dick Bird will be 9:00am Wednesday Feb 16 at the Garden Kitchen
in the Garden Square. Due to the location of Dicks room, propagation
from his radio is primarily easterly.
- Berry N0OYM provided an ARES update.
- The January communication exercise went well. The organizations served
were impressed with our capabilities and the amount of equipment we could
- ARES net is Wednesday evenings at 9:00pm, usually on the 145.115 repeater.
A training session is held at the end of the net.
- The Face-2-Face was held January 22 at the Windsor E.O.C.
- Server weather training will be the last week of April or first week of May.
- The last session of the Boy Scouts merit badge college will be Feb 26 at AIMS.
There will be a tour of the Weld county dispatch center next Saturday at 2:00mp.
- Ava reminded us that if you want your name and call sign on a shirt, bring
the shirt to a meeting.
- Cliff suggested we consider no membership dues for Hams over the age of 80.
- Rob provided a radio room update.
- One computer was update to UIVIEW32. Second computer could not be upgraded
due to a bad CD drive. That problem should be corrected after today's meeting.
- Additional cables with Anderson PowerPole connectors were added to the
- Win K8GYC suggested we program the radio's to power up on our primary
repeater frequencies. That would minimize time spent reviewing manuals
for radio's we are not familiar with.
- George WD0GNE suggested we create a list of frequencies we use and keep
at the stations in the radio room. Berry provided a list that ARES
- Collection of radio manuals continues to grow.
- Berry N0OYM provided the I.R.L.P. update. Mark will deliver the computer
and equipment to Berry today. Berry will work on the system and provide
an update at next months club meeting.
- Feb 20 - SwapFest at the Adams county Fair grounds. Note that Riverdale
road is closed.
- Review of the update constitution and bylaws. The second reading of these
documents were approved.
- Who's call sign should be on the repeater? Motion to list Stan K0KZA as
the repeater trustee.
- Bill KC0NJD provided a report on our Sunday evening net. Net meets at
8:00pm on the 147 repeater. Very few checkins lately.
- Rob brought in a labeler to label cables in the radio room.
- Is there interest in Newsline on our repeater/net?
- Meeting adjourned.
Reminder: Please review club web site and provide feedback to
our secretary (Nick - ab0pk).