Minutes of the Jan 8, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Reminder: Next club meeting is on Saturday Feb 12, 2005.
- Meeting called to order by Rob KA0VNB.
- The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as presented.
- Members introduced themselves.
- Ava KA0RXJ presented the treasurer's report.
- George WD0GNE provided a repeater update.
- Repeater is up and running. Need to do another alignment.
- Will program in the macro's this week.
- The 450MHz machine is off the air - troubling shooting in progress.
- Plan to add a brick to the output.
- Ted WA0HLJ provided a radio room update. Need to write in new power
supply and label cables.
- George WD0GNE is looking for TripLite power supply schematics.
- Boy Scout Merit Badge - Jan 29 and Feb 26. Still need volunteers to
help with instruction and demos. Scouts will be invited to attend our
February meeting. Bill KC0NTD suggested we take photographs so we can
show others what we are doing.
- QST Magazines - still looking for ideas on how to distribute.
- Cliff W0ITD provided numerous updates:
- Cliff will meet with instructors at Franklin school this week.
- Coffee with Dick Bird on Jan 12, 9:00 am at Garden Square.
- Members reviewed the club constitution and by laws. Stan K0KZA will
add changes and present new documents at next meeting for review.
- Berry N0OYM provided the ARES update.
- Jan 26, Weld county will hold it's mass inoculation exercise
from 7:00am to 1:00pm. Need voice, APRS and ATV.
- The Face-to-Face will be on Jan 22. Location unknown. Listen
on the ARES net for updates.
- Severe weather training will be first weekend in May.
- Bud K0MAR donated some radio manuals to add to the club's collection.
- Mark AI0L provided the IRLP update:
- Mark is currently very busy and is looking for someone to finish
up the IRLP project.
- Berry K0OYM volunteered to finish it up.
- Dave W0EDW has a Linux Programmer friend that may be used as a
Linux resource if needed.
- Loveland Winter Fest is next week.
- Bud K0MAR - waiting until the holiday season is behind us to see if there
is sufficient interest for a Greeley Ham Fest.
- Wim K8GYC donated a rotator to the club. Thanks Wim!
- Rob KA0VNB brought in some older computer monitors for anyone who wants
- Cliff W0ITD ran into a problem with his home station last month. The
station is on a 50 amp power supply with battery backup. One of the
batteries went bad and was generating strong fumes.
- Should the club join the Colorado Council - motion passed to join.
- Meeting adjourned.