Minutes of the June 11, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Reminder: Field Day June 25 - 26
- Call to order by Rob KA0VNB at 9:05am.
- The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as presented.
- Ava KA0RXJ presented the treasurer's report.
- Everyone present introduced themselves.
- There is an ARES exercise today which is why our numbers are down (14 in attendance).
- Stan KØKZA provided the repeater update. The new repeater is working
well. There are some minor improvements that need to be done when time
- Ted WAØHLJ has filled out the paperwork to change repeater trustee.
Stan was nominated as the new trustee and approved by vote.
- ARES update by Rob
- ARES exercise today.
- June 13 is a terrorist exercise.
- Wild West Ride Fort Collins to Steamboat is coming up.
- Dave WØEDW is planning on attending field day conditional on
his back surgery.
- Berry NØOYN provided an IRLP update. We are still waiting on the
static IP address and network topology. Berry will test with a
UHF radio in the next week or two to see how it works with Cliff's
repeater. There have been software updates, but these are automated.
- Bill KCØNJD provided the Sunday evening net update. Net is going
well. Usually 3-5 check-ins. Net is Sundays at 8:00pm on the 147
- Rob presented Hal with a thank you letter and a standing ovation
for his contribution to the club which allowed us to purchase
a new repeater.
- Cliff WØITD informed us that has not been any new updates on the
possible rent increase at the repeater site.
- Cliff needs 3 volunteers for June 25 and 26 to provide communications
for a seniors bike ride/race. This is also the Field Day weekend.
Bill will help out.
- Rob and Berry downloaded a number of PPT presentation from the ARRL
web site. One will be presented after today meeting. We should have
a list for review at next months meeting to select other presentation.
- Cliff would like to have a board meeting to review club equipment.
- Rob reminded us that July is club election for officers. Also,
club dues are due in July.
- Meeting adjourned at 9:35am.
Reminder: Club dues due in July.
Reminder: Club elections occur in July.
Reminder: Next club meeting is July 9.