Minutes of the March 12, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Reminder: Next club meeting is on Saturday April 9, 2005.
- Meeting called to order at 9:06 am by Rob KA0VNB.
- The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as presented.
- The treasurer's report was presented.
- Members introduced themselves.
- Rob will be out of town next month, so another club officer will be conducting
- The Boy Scouts radio merit badge program went well. Two scouts have completed their requirements,
and a third only needs to meet one more requirement.
- There was a board meeting on Feb 26. Cliff W0ITD provided details.
Club received an anonymous donation for the purpose of purchasing a new
repeater. The club needed to act quickly or risk loosing the donation.
The board reviewed a number of repeaters in the price range. Decision was
to go with the Hamtronics REP200. Some upgrades were added which will cost
the club around $580. The repeater should be up and running before the
next club meeting.
- The constitution and bylaws were reviewed again. This is the third reading.
No changes or corrections were noted. The new constitution and bylaws were
voted on and approved.
- Cliff and George WD0GNE met with the Franklin science club in February.
Things went well.
Next meeting is March 22 at 2:30 pm. Cliff would like a hand. Jon AB0WP
offered to help.
- ARES update by Richard K0RAW
- The March of Dimes event will be around the end of April.
- Two large events on June 10 & 11. There will be around 130 people flown in
from Salt Lake City and dispersed to various front range hospitals with
trauma centers. We will need to provide voice and packet.
- In addition, on the same day, June 11, the is an activity with approximately
600 Law Enforcement Explorers. The activity will be terrorist related.
- Rob reminded members to be aware of antenna placement when working with our
local law enforcement agencies. He placed his antenna close to the police
antenna on the roof of the vehicle he was assigned to. It eventually over loaded
officers radio. Motorola's solution is that we not place our antennas any closer
than 3 feet of their antennas.
- Repeater site update by Stan K0KZA.
- Guy wires were corroding. They are being replaced.
- Once guy wires are sound, the antenna will be moved up to the high location.
- George has programmed the repeater macros. Cliff will provide a list to the
club secretary who will provide the list at the next meeting.
- Radio room update by Rob. Rob added more power cables with Anderson connectors. He
is still working on the UIView software update.
- Berry N0OYM gave an IRLP presentation. He has the IRLP system up and running
at his home. The club discussed what needs to be done to move the system to the
Red Cross facility.
- Cliff requested a list of excess club equipment. Let Cliff know what equipment
- Meeting adjourned at 10:15 am.