Minutes of the November 12, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
- Meeting called to order at 9:05 by Rob KA0VNB.
- Those in attendance introduced themselves.
- Minutes from previous meeting were approved as presented.
- Berry N0OYM presented the treasurer's report.
- Cliff (W0ITD) provided an update on the sale of club equipment.
- The club is also salvaging two 100 watt cabinet transmitters.
- Cliff provided an update on the Red Cross building. There is a contract on the building.
- Motion to cleanup equipment after the meeting was approved.
- George (WD0GNE) provided the repeater update
- The repair parts have arrived. Need to make time to do the repair.
- Richard (K0RAW) provided the ARES update
National Weather service appreciation day is coming up - there are still open slots.
- Richard also introduced the idea of three local clubs each purchasing an Icom digital radio. Icom will then donate a digital repeater.
- Jeff (KC0MMI) is organizing a group to operate PSK31 on 2 meter SSB. Listen to the net on the 145.115 machine on Wednesday evenings at 8:30pm.
- Berry provided the IRLP update
- Touch tone access issues.
- For time being, enter digits more slowly.
- Rob informed the club that we will meet at the New Frontier Bank on 24th and 35th if the Red Cross building is sold.
- Win (K8GYC) informed the club of some repeater macro conflicts.
- System appears to have reset to the old macro assignment.
- Berry will reprogram the repeater.
- Berry made a motion to get a new controller from Bob. Motion seconded and passed.
- We will be needing a new secretary. Nick will be moving first of the year.
- Meeting adjourned at 9:55.
- Boy Scouts merit badge college on Jan 28, 2006 and Feb 25, 2006.
- Next club meeting December 10, 2005.