Minutes of the October 8, 2005 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Next meeting November 12, 2005.
Please visit the club web page at http://www.digis.net/~nickme/wars
- Meeting called to order at 9:15am by Rob (KA0VNB).
- Those present at the meeting introduced themselves.
- Minutes from the September meeting were approved.
- Berry (N0OYM) presented the treasurer's report.
- Cliff (W0ITD) provided an update on Ava - no change.
- Repeater update from Stan (K0KZA).
- Parts for new repeater have arrived. Stan is working on installing them.
- Stan created the phone patch directions and passed out a copy.
- Is there any tower work that needs to be done before winter?
- Ted (WA0HLJ) will rebuild the 2m antenna if someone removes it from the tower.
- Win (K8GYC) has donated a 70cm antenna that could be installed on the tower.
- Cliff has a phased 220MHz antenna he will donate.
- Mark (AI0L) offered the use of his bucket truck to remove the lower antenna.
- IRLP update by Berry
- Reflectors are now allowed.
- A lengthy test was recently successfully completed by Hal (N0KNK).
- Berry reviewed how to bring up and take down a connection.
- To date, usage has been light.
- EchoLink functionality has been added. Berry needs input on how the club
would like to control EchoLink on the repeater.
- Cliff provided an update on equipment sales.
- Most equipment has been sold.
- We still have the FT757, some power supplies, and head phones.
- Cliff will provide a list of remaining equipment this Sunday on the evening net.
- Monthly copy of the minutes
- Cliff would like a hard copy rather than e-mail.
- Jon (AB0WP) asked not to receive a hard copy to save postage expenses.
- Next years Rocky Mountain Conference will be held in Estes Park on June 9 - 11.
- Dave Schulz (W0EDW) needs help with the Eaton Scouts demo at 7:30am. Dave
will provide all equipment for two complete stations. Bill (KB0LTD) will
help with the demo.
- Cliff - Magazine effort update. There are a few magazines left, but all schools
that want magazines have received them.
- Win is up and running on APRS - this is a new mode for him.
- Bill (KC0NJD) provided the Sunday evening net update.
- Net doing well - averaging around 7-8 check-ins.
- Berry has added announcements to the 147 repeater. Current announcements are
for the club meeting and the Sunday evening net. Is this acceptable, and
are the any additional announcements the club would like to see?
- Cliff informed the club that the Red Cross has a bid on the building.
- Rob has checked with New Frontier Bank. They have a room we could use
to hold our Saturday morning club meetings.
- OJ (K0OJ) needs a room for VEC testing. Bill will see if he can arrange for a
room at UNC.
- Meeting adjourned at 10:05.