Minutes of the March 11, 2006 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
- Meeting called to order by Rob, KA0VNB at 9:15AM.
- Minutes from last month’s meeting was approved.
- Berry, N0OYM presented the treasurer's report.
- George, WD0GNE provided:
- A status report of the new 2-meter repeater. The new 2m repeater is up and running. It is also using an external 80W PA to help protect the finals.
- Proposed to use a different PL tone on the new 2m repeater’s TX side.
- Discussed the need of a linking radio for the IRLP/Echolink setup.
Discussed the need of using a set of beam antennas for the link.
Cliff, W0ITD provided:
- The membership approved the purchase of an Alinco DR-435T radio.
Rob, KA0VNB provided:
- An update of the Red Cross and their new building.
- An update of the club’s possible relationship with the Fire Fighters Union Association.
- The possibility of holding club meetings at the Frontier Bank.
- There is a need for the desks in the radio room to be moved.
- An update with the Boy Scout Merit Badge College event.
The Ft. Collins Marathon is this coming Mother’s Day, contact Minor, K7YJ if you would like to help with this event.
March of Dimes events are coming up for Greeley and Loveland.
- Next Face to Face meeting is scheduled for March 25th @ 10:00AM at the Windsor Fire Station.
- Six meetings are planned for the year: Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr., Sep., and Oct. All meetings are scheduled for the fourth Saturday of the month.
- NWS Spotter Training is scheduled for May 6th.
- Guess speakers may appear at some of the meetings.
- Is missing three items, 2 VHF (handles) sets and 1 commercial set, please contact Cliff if you know the whereabouts of them.
- Asked for volunteers to help with retrieving salvage equipment at Stanley’s shop on 35th Ave.
Meeting adjourned at 10:33AM.
- Ted, WA0HLJ – Thoughts to ponder on.
- George, WD0GNE – Clean the repeater site
- Stan, K0KZA and George, WD0GNE change the PL tone on the TX for the 2m repeater to something other than 100Hz.
- Club's new website: http://weldars.home.comcast.net
- ARRL Ham Convention - June 9, 10, 11
- Next club meeting April 8, 2006