Minutes of the July 8, 2006 meeting
of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
- Meeting called to order by Rob, KA0VNB at 9:07AM.
- Rob, KA0VNB and Peter, N7TDJ attended Inceident Communcation trainng in Denver.
- ARRL Ham Convention occurred since our last meeting.
- George, WD0GNE has moved out of the area with the help of some of the club members.
- Berry, N0OYM provided a report of the repeaters:
- New 2m repeater
- George, WD0GNE, Mike, KC0FNE, and Berry, N0OYM installed new shelving on the equipment
rack at the site.
- Suggested that we look
at upgrading the power supply equipment.
- Installed a new
battery backup system that was built by Mike, KC0FNE.
- UHF link equipment is
installed but not operational at this time. Technical issues need to be
resolved before the project can move forward.
- Mike, KC0FNE would like to see notification system be added to the repeater system to
notify users that the repeater system is operating on batteries and plans
on building a better battery back system controller.
- Berry, N0OYM and Mike, KC0FNE
- Old business
- Rob, KA0VNB has Win’s, K8GYC fiberglass 70cm vertical available for use for
the UHF link system.
- Jon, AB0WP has completed cutting-up the scrap metal
- Berry, N0OYM provided the treasury’s report.
- New business
- Berry, N0OYM provided the Nomination Committee’s
recommendation for club officers.
- President: Rob, KA0VNB
- Vice-president: Stan, K0KZA
- Secretary: Heather, KC0SYH
- Treasurer: Berry, N0OYM
- Board Member: Cliff
- Board Member: Michael
- Board Member: Dave
- Board Member: Jon Osterland, AB0WP
- Board Member: Homer
(Woody) Johnson, KI0SI
- All nominations were
approved by the membership present and elected by the membership present.
- Rob, KA0VNB formed the technical committee with the
following members: Cliff, W0ITD, Berry, N0OYM, Mike, KC0FNE,
Jon, AB0WP, Stan, K0KZA.
- A motion to revise Article
IV: Business Address of the club’s By-Laws. After discussion the motion was
- The previous meeting
minutes was approved by the membership present.
- Cliff, W0ITD has ARRL books available.
- Dave, W0EDW donated an Alinco 32-Amp power supply to the repeater site power supply upgrade project.
- A motion to purchase one Alinco 32-Amp power supply was seconded and
approved by the membership present. (<$150)
- A motion to purchase
one Mirage B-5018-G power amp was seconded and approved by the membership
- Cliff, W0ITD won the door prize of the month (a grounding rod).
- Meeting adjourned at 9:52AM.
- Club's website:
- Next club meeting is August 12, 2006