Special Note: Cliff Baker, W0ITD was admitted to the hospital this week. He is not able to have visitors at the time of this writing. We wish him a fast and speedy recovery.
Minutes of the March 10, 2007 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
- Meeting called to order by Rob KA0VNB at 9:09 am
- Minutes from last meeting approved
- Berry N0OYM provided the treasury’s report
- Pending payment to Bud Stanley until can confirm new payment arrangement- was decided to pay $20 for month on March
- Meter has been installed at repeater site
- Berry N0OYM provided a report of the repeaters:
- Old repeater is up and running, 440, Autopatch, IRLP and Echolink all functioning normally.
- Waiting for enclosed cabinet for new repeater, should be able to put new repeater online now that weather is warmer.
- OJ K0OJ said that there were 33 testers at the last session as Denver didn’t have one. Next test is April 14th 1:00 PM at the Farr Library
- Rob KA0VNB said that the snow has melted enough to start putting up J pole antennas at the Red Cross building
- Ham Fest August 19th at Jefferson Co Fairgrounds. There is also one in Boulder in April. Swap Fests April 7, 2007 in Longmont and June 9, 2007 in Monument at Lewis Palmer HS.
- Rob KA0VNB mentioned that the Ft Collins Marathon is taking place on the Sunday before Mother’s day-looking for volunteers
- Cliff W0ITD is calling for assistance with meetings, conferences, and school visits.
- Dave W0EDW asked if the Sunday evening 2 meter net was still taking place and mentioned there are some VHF/UHF nets going on for those interested.
- Meeting adjourned at 9: 35
Next meeting is April 14th, 2007
WARS website: http://welsars.home.comcast.net