Minutes of the January 8, 2011 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Meeting called to order by Willie W5WIW at 9:07 am
Introductions around the room
- Name and Call Sign
- What is something you are going to try to get done in 2011
Minutes from last meeting approved
- Jerri's name should be spelled Jerry.
Treasurer's report Berry N0OYM
Repeater report Berry N0OYM
- Both repeaters up and running and IRLP up and running
- Dave is working on cans for the backup in Eaton
- Willie-I had fun learning about being president
- Willie W5WIW- Thanks to Tom for info about the new repeaters that will go into next month's letter. If anyone has anything that should go in the newsletter, let Willie know.
- Looking door speakers to present at the meetings.
- Willie W5WIW- had new banner for the club made to display at Hamfests. Motion made and seconded to reimburse Willie W5WIW for the banner. Motion approved.
Show and Tell
- Get your stuff ready for Hamfest in Jan at the Ranch between Loveland and Ft Collins east of I-25. NCARC meeting will take place then. Will start at 7 for vendors and 8:30 for everyone.
- Feb 13 Aurora Repeater Association Hamfest in Brighton
- April 2 Longmont ARC LAR Hamfest in Longmont
- Aug TBD Rocky Mountain Division Convention in New Mexico
- Dave- gave updates about what is going on with DX
- Maurice- was able to get a contact on HF
Meeting adjourned at 9:40 am
Next meeting February 12, 2011 at 9am at Union Hall in Greeley