Minutes of the April 9, 2011 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Meeting called to order by Willie W5WIW at 9:12 am
Introductions around the room
- Name and Call Sign
- What State did you get your first ham license in?
Minutes from last meeting approved
Treasurer's report Berry N0OYM
Repeater report Berry N0OYM
- Both repeaters and IRLP node are up and running
- Still some noise on 2 Meters
- Having our meetings at a restaurant. Bill K6UPE-Golden Corral too expensive, can use room at Egg and I on 23rd, open until the end of the year. Randy's is moving so would want to wait until they are moved to see their facilities. Tabled until next meeting
- Do we want to do something for Kids Day? Tabled until next meeting
- Are we going to work with NCARC for Field Day?
- Do we want to try to set up a station at Greeley Stampede. Willie W5WIW will meet with people at Stampede and see if they want the club out there.
- Are we getting a mount for the antenna? Willie is almost done building one.
- Would the club like to have a cookout at field day? Motion to have food at field day- motion carried
- Would the club be willing to help pay for the food/drinks? Motion carried
Show and Tell
- Maurice- showed his new service dog, Kolbe
- Next month-Steve Blois from the EOC
- June 3 Wyoming State ARRL Convention (Cheyenne, WY)
- June 4 Montrose ARC 10th Annual Tailgate Party (Delta, CO)
- June 18 Kid's Day
- June 25th and 26th Field Day
- July 16 Pike Peak Radio Amateur Assc. Megafest (Monument, CO)
- Aug 5-7 Taos, New Mexico Rocky Mountain Division Convention
- Aug 21 Denver Radio Club Hamfest (Golden CO)
- Sept 25 Boulder Amateur Radio Club BARCfest (Longmont, CO)
Davw W0EDW talked about some interesting things that happened in the last week or so.
Meeting adjourned at 9:56
Next meeting May 14,2011 at 9am at Union Hall in Greeley.