Minutes of the November 12, 2011 meeting of the Weld Amateur Radio Society
Meeting called to order by Willie W5WIW 9:05 am
Introductions around the room
- Name and Call Sign
- Are you planning to make any changes in your radio shack next year?
Minutes from last meeting approved
Treasurer's report Berry N0OYM
Repeater report Berry N0OYM
- Unchanged from last month
- 147 still has noise and some noise on the 2m
- Both repeaters and IRLP node are up and running.
- Willie is looking into a different location for the repeater to get the repeater higher and out of the noise.
- Thanks for voting to have the club pay for the speaker breakfast.
- Thanks to Rex Blaine for his talk about APRS.
- Help is needed for the Hamfest. Contact: Charles Hess KD0GMW, 970-667-4357
- Also need volunteers to man the W.A.R.S. Dave suggested combining the W.A.R.S table with his VHF plus table and he can handle both.
- Do you want to have Christmas party next meeting? Was agreed to just have regular meeting.
Show and Tell
- Randy Long about ARES changes
- Berry N0OYM Echolink and IRLP presentation
- Jan 14, 2012 NCARC Hamfest at the Ranch
- Willie ordered a new W.A.R.S badge. if you would like one, they are 10$ each
Meeting adjourned at 10:26 am
Next meeting December 10,2011 at Randy's All American Grill, 35th Ave and 21st St, just south of King Soopers. Breakfast at 8:15, meeting at 9